About Our Club

History

Golf_Juliet
1946 Auster 5J-1 Autocrat, registration EI-AGJ, one of the first aircraft operated by Leinster Aero Club

The Leinster Aero Club was founded in 1956 and originally based at Weston Aerodrome. In 1964, the club re-located to Dublin Airport, where it existed until relocating back to Weston in 2004. In 2006, the club moved to a strip near Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath. Since March 2016, the club has returned to its original base at Weston.

1960 Tiger Moth Training Aircraft
1960 Tiger Moth Training Aircraft

Membership & Instructors

Club members range from SPL’s, PPL’s, CPL’s, ATPL’s and Instructors. The club has a proud history of success stories – several members have gone on to become professional pilots with various airlines around the world.

Instructors at the club receive no remuneration. This helps to maintain a strong club culture and keep student costs to a minimum.

Aircraft

EI-YLG

The club operates one training aircraft, a Robin HR 200 EI-YLG, which is fully IFR equipped.

Training courses available at the club:

Leinster Aero Club is a Registered Training Facility (RTF) authorised by the Irish Aviation Authority to provide the following flight and ground training:

  • Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) (Ground & Flight Training)
  • Single-engine Piston Class Rating (SEP (land))
  • Night Rating

Contact us